We would like to reassure all of our clients and conference attendees that arrangements for the RCS International Conference to be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from 18–20 July 2020, continue to be made as planned. RCS is continuing to monitor the situation in regards to COVID-19 and discussing contingency plans for various scenarios. Currently, Australia continues to be a very safe destination to travel within.
We are working closely with the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre to ensure best practice hygiene standards are implemented, as currently recommended by the Australian Government Department of Health. These protocols include:
• Providing hand sanitisers with supporting signage
• Placing guidance on hand washing in bathrooms
• Placing tissues and bins for their hygienic disposal, with supporting signage on coughing etiquette
• Thorough and regular sterilisation of surfaces, including bathrooms, benches, ATM machines and all touch points such as door handles, escalator rails, etc
• Continued rigorous adherence to ISO and HACCP food-safety management standards within all culinary services.
Current official guidelines (for the general population) do not recommend the use of face masks or thermal scanners at venues.
Further updates will be issued in the lead up to the conference, if required.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to the conference. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact conference coordinators, Expert Events.